It’s summer time, time to relax, kick back, enjoy the weather, and take some time off. Right? Mid Year Check In – meh.
What if you take a few moments to look at those January Goals & Desires for 2017? How does that make you feel?
NOT Feeling, WOW, look what I’ve accomplished and I feel so good – then read on. If you able to say I’ve met all of my2017 goals and dreams I’d love to hear how you do that! It is NOT easy. I want to learn from you.
Many of us get to this point in the year and groan at the thought of looking at goals we’ve forgot about or given up on. I get it - We just wanna have some fun. We deserve it, we’ve worked hard. It’s so nice out, kids are out of school, it’s too hot, and I’ll get back to that later.
I must thank my clients for inspiring me to write about this and be honest about what many of us struggle with – getting what we want and intent do accomplish done – meeting our goals (or whatever you call them)
Honestly, here’s at look at my 2017 goals. I’ve had some wins & failures.
- Loose 20+lbs weight for my son’s wedding & keeping it off – check – so far – never ending process of choices and eating healthy.
- Authentically showing up in life with ease – check!
- Intentionally taking care of my self with self care – check!
- Publishing book in 2017 – ½ check – got initial editor manuscript review – slogging through re-writes and editing. Wondering how or if I’ll meet the 2017 goal I set – sigh.
- Increased client load and business profit – nope – still not where I want it. Arg. That’s my big groan- area.
- Living at peace & in harmony with others – check!
OK, so what does one do mid year with their goals? It can be a big yuck to think about. Is it time to self-flagellate? A common theme among some I’ve talked and coached these last few weeks. Time for some wine and a big whine? Time for a good vent & get it out. Wallow in disillusionment with life? Wonder why bother? Just give up and say the heck with it? You can but what if there’s another way? What if you could still meet some goals in 2017? Do you really hold your life and goals in the palm of your hand?
Could you really still meet some 2017 goals?
YES YOU CAN! ….
I get it, I really do, I’ve whined, and thought about just giving up. It’s so much easier to NOT keep going. However, I’m NOT giving up on my goals or work I’ve set before myself. I said to myself after much wallowing. NO. Don’t give up.
What can you do?
FIRST: Ask Yourself
- How about my 2017 dreams and goals?
- Do they still have meaning for me?
- Are they still important?
- Do I still want them to be true?
Don't give up! Let's get going again!
Second: Consider What Support or Things Can Help Me Get Back on Track?
- What seems really hard?
- What is blocking me?
- Who or what might support or help me?
- What tools or resources do I already have to help me?
- Make a visual reminder of a goal (sticky note, phone reminder, photo, special item)
What have I done to get back going and keep on track? Not just one thing. I’ve reflected and put in support to keep going and get going in some cases. We all need help and support. What’s that look like for me?
- Enlisted help in the form of a coach for myself to keep me accountable and moving forward.
- Joined multiple writing groups to keep me going writing and editing.
- In an online accountability group – with weekly calls and check-in’s.
- Purposefully scheduling my time intentionally – every day and every week (I don’t even like writing that – but to keep myself sane, this I what I do).
- Check in with myself & family to see what is working and what may need refining.
- Keep reflecting what IS working and what is NOT.
Do you want some support to get back on track with your goals? Life knocking you down and you can’t see your way ahead? Maybe you know someone that may benefit from support? I partner with motivated people that have been knocked down by life changes and losses who want to become more resilient and move forward in life. I would love to be of support. Contact me to find out how.
Special Summer Educator Offer – Discounted Coaching for Educators Now Through September. Contact Teresa for more details.
Here’s to meeting your goals and being brave to take a look, review and renew!
Peace, Love, & Blessings,
Teresa Bitner, PMP, M. Ed., ACC
Resiliency, Change and Loss Specialist
PS. Click here to check out the August set of Workshops and Interactive Presentations Jeni & I will be doing with Torn In Half - a resource for young widows.