How has your first half of 2019?
Mine has been a ride for sure. I’ve had to pivot and refine my goals and review what’s important about 2019. I hope you’ve had some time to contemplate or even journal about what’s important to you for 2019. Have you had to pivot or refine anything?
At the moment I’m recovering from moving my Dad from Florida to Texas. He’s got severe dementia. I’ve got amazing help but wow, this is one doozy of a change for us all. Let me tell you, the change and loss resiliency coach had some serious moments over the last couple of months. I am thankful I can lean into teachings, skills and have been doing all of the self-care I can before and after. I’ve been leaning on my friends and family. It went about as well as it could and Dad's settling in well. Phew - one major to do done for 2019.
I’m super jazzed now that this is behind me to have more time to focus on my business and writing. I am also grateful that I can now care for Dad locally. I’m still doing a lot of integrating and writing about this whole massive change. Stay tuned for some reflective blogs and excerpts from Mission of Love: Eldercare Nightmare - my next book.
I’m doing a quarterly/half year review at the beginning of July. How about you?
Here’s a refresher for a 5 step quarterly and half year review
It’s a great way to check into what was important at the first of the quarter and see how you’ve made progress for the first half of 2019.
- What successes have you had?
- What may have blocked success? How to move forward with Resilient goals.
5 Steps for a Quarterly/Half Year Review
1st – Schedule on your calendar the time for your review.
- I do my monthly review the first weekend of the month. Typically, Saturday or Sunday afternoon is my planning time.
- For the quarterly, I add a bit more time to review the yearly goals and intentions I set in January & have revised as the year progresses.
- What went well this past quarter? First half?
- I review my calendar, photos, for my personal review. For business, I review my expenses vs. revenue as well as client records.
- These are your Wins! Take a moment and acknowledge them! You did it!! Whoo hoo!!
- How do I choose to acknowledge this?
- What will I do to celebrate these wins?
3rd What didn’t go as planned and/or didn’t get completed?
- What happened that prevented this from getting done or as planned?
- Is there anything to be learned from this?
- Sometimes, it’s not as important as you thought, life happened, a distraction or habit is not supportive, or maybe you need more help or support to get this done.
4th What do you want to revive or resume?
Meditation & prayer quiet time for me.
5th Does anything need a fresh start?
6th Set the next quarter's goal/intention
- What is the first thing/step to do next?
- What needs to get done to complete this?
- What support/help/or information do you need to accomplish this?
What my quarterly & half year review revealed.
#1 Goal – regain my health. In January, I shared my bounce back story with a health set back with renewed pain and migraines. I’ve finally met this goal and even completed a detox this past month. I’ve also removed sugar & alcohol from my diet. . Feeling healthy again & reenergized. I actually am waking BEFORE the alarm goes off.
This is big!!! ! Whoo hoo! that’s a win!
I’ve celebrated by being happy to be pain and enjoying yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi and Zumba at the Y.
Next Quarter’s Goals and Intention: Bringing in more profit to my business while serving my clients the best that I can. Staying healthy while being the best loving wife, mom and Mimi.
Here’s to your 2019 & quarterly/half year review! May you be inspired and go for it!!
My intention in sharing is to inspire you and provide hope. I'd love to hear how this landed with you and how your 2019 is going! Comment, like, share.
Need support in setting goals or reaching their goals? I am here to help support you.
Do you want or need support with your 2019 goals, making a plan and achieving success in 2019, want to find your resilient goals? Let me help you & together make 2019 yours!
My blessing is when my clients make a plan, set goals, achieve them and then move forward to boldly living.
Click here to learn more about how I can support you with your goals and plans.
I have openings for a few clients – new or returning.
Much peace, love and blessings,
Teresa Q. Bitner, M.Ed., PMP, ACC - Resiliency, Change and Loss Coach
Partnering with those who have been knocked down my life and want to build resiliency and move forward and live a bold life.
Author of Soul Love: How A Dog Taught Me to Breathe Again