What is resiliency? Simply it’s the ability to bounce back after a setback.
Resiliency is defined as “an ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change” or the capability of a strained body to recover its size and shape after deformation caused especially by compressive stress” https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/resilience
How do you bounce back after a set back?
Resiliency can be grown and learned, let’s find out how.
4 Characteristics of Resiliency – How to incorporate into your life.
- Live –Living life to the fullest
- Taking control of your life – it’s yours to live fully or not
- Not blaming or being the victim
- Seeing the problem/crisis as a temporary set back
- Love – Loving fully
- Supportive network with strong social connections
- Family, friends, online groups, social groups, etc.
- Asking for help
- Laugh – Finding humor and not taking life so gravely & seriously
- Cultivating optimism
- Developing positive emotions & a sense of humor
- Expressing gratitude and appreciation
- Self- Love – taking care of yourself = full cup to give from
- Habits that support you & energize you
- Getting out of your head
- Setting boundaries
I hope you found these resiliency characteristics useful. I continue to learn and build my own resiliency as I work with clients. It’s amazing to see them learn how to bounce back and face life’s setbacks with a plan.
Resiliency 1-hour Assessment $95– Assess how resilient you are, discover your strengths and design your plan for building resiliency. Click here learn more.
Resiliency 3-month Coaching Package – Assess, build, grown and learn tools for building resiliency in your life. Design a custom action plan with built in accountability for your success. Click here to learn more.www.boldfulfilledlifecoach.com/resiliency-in-action-coaching.html
If you or someone you know would like support with bouncing back, please reach out and contact me. I provide a safe place to explore what your deepest needs are and how to fulfill them.
Questions - please ask!
Much peace, love and blessings,
Teresa Q. Bitner, M.Ed., PMP, ACC - Resiliency, Change and Loss Coach
Partnering with those who have been knocked down my life and want to build resiliency and move forward and live a bold life.
Author of Soul Love: How A Dog Taught Me to Breathe Again