CHANGE OR DIE – Resolutions gone by the wayside?
Sound harsh? Well, Change or Die is the advice from doctors to my mother in her current severe congestive heart failure state. Witnessing that entire life changing situation is still hammering home to me how important health really is. What’s this got to do with New Year’s resolutions?
Did you set a New Year’s resolution or set some healthier lifestyle goals for 2015? Are you on track? Getting ready to slide a little for the big Game. Take a break, maybe cheat a little because it’s just too hard, takes too much time, you did the cleanse/detox and you are back to your old habits, you are in OK health, or always fail or give up? Please don’t. Your health is too important.
CHANGE or DIE REASONS
1. Health is number one in life – if you do not have health you may suffer physically, emotionally, and eventually it can be life threatening.
a. Consider how your health affects your life.
Are your relationships, friends, work, or emotions affected?
2. If you don’t take care of your body there is only so much science and doctors can fix. Eventually there is nothing more that can be done.
3. What is your current lifestyle doing to your physical and emotional health right now?
4. How will your life be effected 5, 10, 20, 30 years down the road if you continue with your current lifestyle?
5. How might your life be different if you DID CHANGE? 5, 10, 20, 30 years down the road?
6. If you think you are healthy, are you really in optimal health physically and emotionally?
a. Has a doctor and blood work confirmed your amazing health?
If so – congratulations and keep up the good work!!
7. If not, then start today making ONE change you know will benefit your health and life.
a. Make that well checkup & get that blood work done.
i. Find out and get the facts to make a plan for your life.
b. Find out how your health really is. Don’t just go by your pants fitting OK.
They make them bigger now BTW.
c. Eat healthier for you
d. Exercise – do something & get moving.
Trust me; make those changes now so that your silver years can be filled with what you want. While visiting and caring for my parents, I saw way too many elderly people in poor health, unable to do the things they want to, bloated with whatever ails them, in walkers/wheelchairs/gimping along, gasping for breath, restricted to a severe diet, inundated with doctor appointments, pills, and medical bills.
Granted, aging does occur and some ailments are unavoidable. However, if you know you are holding onto a few extra pounds, should eat a little healthier, need a little more exercise and/or have a family history of ___ then what do you think will happen to your body if you do NOT make the changes you know you need? How long will you wait and/or ignore the signs? CHANGE or DIE.
Want to make that change? I'm here to help partner with you!
Peace & Blessings,
Teresa Bitner - Change and Loss Specialist