We often think of healing as the physical part of healing. Healing our physical body – healing from an illness, injury, or disease. Resilient healing is to recover quickly after an illness or injury. This can be done by taking into consideration the whole body – not just the injured or diseased portion. Looking for the root cause and not just eliminating symptoms. Our physical body is one third of total healing and resilience.
Another third for healing and resilience is the mind. Our mind and brains are wonderful powerful parts of our bodies. It can be our biggest supporter or our worst saboteur. Our mind and thoughts are often in need of healing. Our mental health is a key factor in our overall healing. One can be amazingly physically healed of all ailments but still feel ill due to mental health “ailments.” Taking care of our mental health is key to health and healing.
The last third is our soul – the spiritual part of us. You might call it God, Allah, spirit, the universe, your personal soul, or the collection of souls - whatever you are comfortable with. Yes, our souls can be injured or hurt and in need of healing. The wisdom and spiritual traditions of the world speak to this in their holy texts. They also have prayers, meditations, and/or affirmations to help heal a broken, lost soul. Connect with your spiritual soul.
Healing Tips for the Physical Body
- Sleep - take good care of yourself by getting enough sleep
- Nourish your body with healthy food & hydration with water
- Incorporate daily movement – walks, yoga, chair yoga, exercise
Healing Tips for the Mind
- Become mindful – what are you feeling
- Practice journaling, contemplation
- Take time to meditate
- Express gratitude
- Be mindful and intentional of what you are ingesting in your mind – social media, sounds, images, thoughts, etc.
Healing Tips for the Soul
- Connect with your spiritual practice
- Spend time in prayer or meditation
- Read from your spiritual text on the soul
What does healthy mean to you? How could you incorporate one thing to support your health?
Follow me on social media for more insightful questions, tips, and motivational quotes.
May you be healthy, may you be healed and may you be happy.
If you or someone you know would like support in life or business working towards healing, health and happiness, please reach out and contact me. I provide a safe place to explore your life – both personal and professional. Latest client win - habits created late last year are embedded to support them to achieve their professional and life goals!
Please comment, like, share.
Teresa – Focusing on healing & health
Teresa Q. Bitner, M.Ed., PMP, PCC - Resiliency, Change and Loss Coach
Partnering with those who have been knocked down my life and want to build resiliency and move forward and live a bold life.
• Soul Love: How A Dog Taught Me to Breathe Again
• The First Days Widow Journey
• Explorations into the Being and Doing of Coaching: A collection of voices, insights and wisdom from Austin area coaches