When we get knocked down we have choices about how we respond and what we do.
Zig Ziglar said it well, “Getting knocked down in life is a given. Getting up and moving forward is a choice.”
One of my favorite songs from the late 90’s was, “I get knocked down, but I get up again. You are never gonna keep me down.” by Chumbawamba. If you feel down search for the song and have a listen – hope it makes you smile. This tune to keep this working mom going many a day and night with two little boys.
Think of what has knocked you down recently or what you fear might knock you down.
Next work through the how to steps and see if your better able to Get back up!
How to Get Back Up
1. Evaluate what’s happened and what has changed. (click the text link for how to do this).
2. Take some time to allow the feelings and emotions to happen and let them be.
a.You could write about it, talk to someone, have a private pity party, talk to a coach or therapist, go for a walk.
3. It’s normal to have a range of thoughts, emotions, physical reactions, and feelings. If it’s a massive change and knock out it will have more impact. Be gentle with yourself.
4. Take time to assess each area – emotions, feelings, physical reactions – check in with yourself.
a.To better understand the change process and survive click here.
5. Determine how you want to respond vs. react. You get to choose how and if you respond.
a.Some questions you can ask to form a response vs. reaction.
b.What’s the story I’m telling myself about this?
c.What are the facts? What’s true?
d.What might be an opportunity, learning or blessing in this moment?
e.How do I want to respond? What do I want to be true?
6. What action will you take after determining how you’d like to respond to the knock down?
7. Get Back Up = Take action and proceed with your plan.
May you get back up after getting knocked down. Here’s to bouncing back and moving forward.
If you or someone you know has been knocked down and want help getting back up please reach out and contact me. I provide a safe place work on getting back up and moving forward. Don’t stay stuck!
Latest client wins – Implemented company changes for equity reviews and salary! Promoted to director! Feeling less burned out and more motivated.
Follow me on social media for insightful questions, tips, and motivational quotes.
Peace, and blessings,
Teresa – Getting back up and moving forward!
Teresa Q. Bitner, M.Ed., PMP, PCC - Resiliency, Change and Loss Coach
Partnering with those who have been knocked down by life and want to build resiliency and move forward and live a bold life.