50, an age I dreaded as a youngster. 50, an age I feared as I got older. I was terrified of having lived half my life and then at 50 looking downhill at aging and eventually my own death. I’m not thrilled about the aging process but I'm working towards embracing it and being healthy as I can. Death, well it’s inevitable so I’ll prepare family and myself the best that I can. I no longer fear death. Fifty and 50 is an age I am embracing now. How did I move from dread and fear to embracing fifty?
Well, it’s all about perspective and attitude. It is about making positive changes to live my life in union with my purpose and passion. I'm living a life I never in a million years thought I'd be living, much less LOVING. I am an entrepreneur – fulfilling a dream I've had my entire life. I own and run my own business! Who knew how damn hard it would be to be your own boss? Who knew how rewarding it could be? I literally can do whatever I want whenever I want to. Ultimate freedom. No one telling me what to do. I absolutely love it. Life as a solopreneur is terrifying at times. However, this life and business is mine all mine. I get to define it and do it my way. THAT is empowering and fulfilling like nothing else. God is leading me in amazing ways. I just need to continue to trust and believe. When I do amazing things happen.
Turning 50 was always a time to look at as, “I'm now officially old. I will retire soon and THEN do what I want.” I always thought it would be a time of slowing down and doing nothing. Really beginning to live and do what I wanted to. Lol ... Life is funny and ironic. God has had different plan for me.
Here’s what I’ve discovered about 50. It is fabulous and met with excitement and anticipation. No slowing down or retiring. I’ve got lots of work to do and I love it – most of the time. I'm living the dream! Really, I am. I am working harder than ever and loving it. No slowing down for me in the near future. I'm all about carpe diem now. I’ve lost a spouse and watched my mother die. Those two life lessons are emblazed in my being, I must seize the day … every day! I know that life is so short and every damn day is to be lived fully. No waiting, no putting off, and no justifying why I can’t. I must live. So must YOU!
How to Seize the Day:
Don't wait for life to be fun, good, better….LIVE LIFE NOW.
- I've talked and coached too many people who were waiting to really live.
- Waiting to….take that trip, do that thing, quit that job, take that job, make that thing, make that phone call/visit, be the real me, etc.
- OR… I’ll really live after I have….enough money, more time, retired, or have xyz...
- What are you waiting for? Life is for living. Now, not tomorrow and not yesterday. Each day is a precious gift. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow might not come!
Live with ZERO Regrets
- If you have previous regrets do what you can to forgive yourself and others.
- Begin with this question: What would I regret not doing before I die? Then DO IT. Make a plan for it.
Appreciate and be Grateful for Today
- Regardless of what’s occurred today, this day is a one-time gift.
- What are you appreciative and grateful for? Where is a blessing in today?
If there's a fear in your life, examine it.
- How does that fear serve you?
- How does that fear hurt you?
- What are you missing out on?
If you want something then GO GET IT.
- If you don’t have it, make a plan to get it. Go for it, what do you have to loose that really matters (other than regrets see #2)?
I have no idea how much longer I’m going to live. None of us know for sure. I know that each day on this earth is precious and I plan to live it as the gift God gave me to serve others.Life at 50 is a blast, fulfilling and really amazing.I look forward to continuing to live an amazing life of service.
Did you find this useful or thought provoking? Click like, share, or comment please. Perhaps someone you know could use this information, please share.
Do you fear aging? Are you wishing you could seize the day but don’t know how? If so, I’d be honored to embark on that journey together with you. I partner with those that desire change and are in loss and grief. Together we work to move forward to live boldly and fulfilled.
Check out my website to contact me. If you want more change, loss, and life tips register for my newsletter – to the right of this blog.
Peace, Love, & Blessings,
Bold Fulfilled Business & Life Coach –Change and Loss Specialty