World back up day falls at the end of the first quarter and month. End or start of the month is a terrific time to back up your devices and data.
One of the many resiliency characteristics is planning ahead and being prepared.
Planning ahead for your devices may not be top of mind but it’s so important.
Did you know?
- 1 in 10 computers are infect per Month!
- 30% of people have never backed up their device
- 70 million cell phones are lost yearly at a rate of 113 per minute!
- A laptop is stolen every 53 seconds in the US
- (Data from World Back Up Day, Kensington, Cybercrime Magazine and Norton)
In case the statistics aren’t enough to convince you…
Why back up your data?
1.Save your important and vital information due to hard drive crashes or viruses.
2.You may need this for taxes or god forbid an audit.
3.You can improve your productivity and gain peace of mind by having a backup.
a. No wasted time freaking out or trying to get that data back. You’ve got it already backed up.
4.If you run a business of any size, it may be the law, your client data isn’t lost, you can gain a competitive advantage over those who don’t back up data and be up and running again with little interruption.
Think of how awful it is when you don’t back up or save and lose your data? What if your device is stolen. Has this happened to you? If not you’re fortunate.
Some tips for backing up your data
- A rule of thumb is 3-2-1. Three copies of your data on two different types of backup media and 1 remote copy. (Forbes- https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomcoughlin/2020/03/31/world-backup-day-2020/?sh=4043384b5d9b
- Where to back up – flash drive, removable storage, cloud or even a paid backup service.
- What to back up?
- Important documents
- Address books
- If you’re a business you’ll want to back up
- Client/customer details
- Business operations information
If you’d like to learn more about being prepared and resiliency planning, I have a recorded webinar where you can learn more and gain access to more tips and hints for resiliency planning. Anyone can benefit from this webinar even though it’s geared toward small businesses. I mean our lives are a small business if you think about it.
Click here to gain access: Basic Emergency & Resiliency Planning
Would you or someone you know would like to bounce back quicker. I can support you in support in building resiliency in life, business, or team.
See what some of my clients are saying. I love to help them achieve more and then move forward to boldly living – whatever that means for them!
Much peace, love and blessings,
Teresa – Keeping my data backed up regularly & working to be resilient
Teresa Q. Bitner, M.Ed., PMP, ACC - Resiliency, Change and Loss Coach
Partnering with those who have been knocked down by life and want to build resiliency and move forward and live a bold life.