Maybe you’ve had a time of red alert 🚨stress as well.
I’m betting you have - over 25% of Americans reported high stress and another 50% rated their stress as moderate in a recent 2020 study.
How an intense period of stress affects us.
Stress effects your body physically, your mood, and your behavior.
Exhaustion, fatigue, digestive and sleep issues, increased pain are all normal reactions to stress.
Stress triggers our fight, flight, freeze reactions
Our heart rates & breathing increase & our blood pressure raises to fight the T-Rex 🦖 were facing. Even if it’s work or weather related and not a T-Rex,
Our adrenals, muscles, digestive system and endocrine systems are activated
Long term stress can lead to:
- tension headaches
- chronic pain
- flare asthma and immune responses
- raise inflammation
- lead to high blood press
- thyroid and liver dysfunction
- sleep issues
- angry outbursts
- fits of busyness
This is a short list to name some of the effects of stress
How can you manage Red Alert 🚨stress & be more resilient when these times arise?
- Recognize & be aware of your stress
- Bill & I took the weekend after completely off & rested
- Identify the stressors
- Constant vigilance & worry for our safety
- How we each dealt with this was a stressor as well
- Exercise regularly - walking daily is a great way to combat stress
- Ice wasn’t conducive to exercise...we did go outside & spend time in the snow & winter wonderland
- Practice a relaxation technique: prayer, meditation, yoga, tai-chi or massage
- Lots of breathe work and prayer helped relax us
- I got back to yoga & regular meditation
- Spend time doing something you enjoy - hobbies, volunteering, gardening,
- I spent time cooking to help warm the house and provide comfort foods
- We both read books for long durations
- Being proactive
- Planning in advance for things that can be stressors
- Plan for natural disasters – I’m a bit of a prepper
- Here’s a link to for what to include https://www.ready.gov/kit
- Remain hopeful
- The snow and ice would melt and before long it’d be 80 again in TX
- It’s a season not a sentence
I hope you don't have any Red Alert 🚨Stress moments in 2021. If you do I pray and wish for you to bounce back quickly.
Would you or someone you know would like to bounce back quicker. I can support you in support in building resiliency in life, business, or team.
See what some of my clients are saying. I love to help them achieve more and then move forward to boldly living – whatever that means for them!
Much peace, love and blessings,
Teresa - Bouncing Back from Red Alert Stress
Teresa Q. Bitner, M.Ed., PMP, ACC - Resiliency, Change and Loss Coach
Partnering with those who have been knocked down by life and want to build resiliency and move forward and live a bold life.
Resources - Resiliency & Stress:
- Check out my resource page for more resiliency information
I have a few client openings at this time. I’d be honored to partner with you to help you bounce back and move forward.
I still offer 30min laser coaching at a pay from the heart price. You pay me after we’re complete for each session based on the value you receive.
Looking for more in depth coaching - I offer services to meet you where you are.