How is YOUR mental health?
Mine has been up and down in the last year. In 2021 it’s been getting better after a winter of grief funk. I work with my depression and anxiety daily. Some days are harder than others. I love the bright, sunshine of spring and summer. It’s typically my better days and months and there’s less of a struggle. So right now, I’m feeling good.
Facts and Figures from The National Council on Mental Health
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year.
- 1 in 20 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year.
- 1 in 6 U.S. youth aged 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year.
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among people aged 10-34.
For those of you who struggle with mental health - Know you are not alone. That’s the theme of this year’s mental health awareness. You are not alone. The struggles and challenges you face are real. It is perfectly OK and normal to not be OK. The statistics above show that we are not alone. Acknowledging your struggles and challenges with mental health is one of the first steps to moving forward and resilience skill.
If you need immediate assistance - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK or by calling 1-800-662-HELP.
Some ways to celebrate and honor Mental Health Month
- Recharge yourself by doing something that you enjoy
- Hobby, craft, art, music, exercise, nature
- Learn something new
- Journaling your thoughts can be helpful.
- Trying meditation, yoga and mindfulness can be great stress relievers
- Maybe gardening or cleaning is your jam for stress relief
If you choose to do any of the above you are building your resiliency too!
May you all have improving mental health. Please take good care of you so you can be your best for the world.
If you or someone you know is looking for coaching. can support you through coaching and tools. I love supporting clients and helping them build resiliency so they bounce back from life’s setbacks.
Click here to reach out to me or set up a 30min discovery call.
Peace, and blessings,
Teresa - Honoring Mental Health Awareness Month.
Teresa Q. Bitner, M.Ed., PMP, ACC - Resiliency, Change and Loss Coach
Partnering with those who have been knocked down by life and want to build resiliency and move forward and live a bold life.