I acknowledge those of you’ve met every single one of your goals and intentions. If that’s you. Wow – celebrating you and your success! Please share with us how you do it.
For those of us who make our intentions and goals and intentions and are falling short or missing the mark. Listen to us, those are shame invoking words we use against ourselves.
Maybe you’re thinking why bother, I give up, or I’m a failure. Whatever you are thinking let’s stop the negative self-talk and do a no shame check in with love and kindness.The self flagellation isn’t helpful. It's our wonderful brains way of trying to protect us and how we’re wired.
Remember the words we use are powerful and effect our emotions and behaviors. We’re going to explore a quick check-in that can help reframe where you’re at and get you back on track.
No shame or guilt Quick check-in on your goals and intentions
- Listen to what you are saying to yourself.
- Write it down and say it out loud.
- Try without judgement to just listen
- Would you use those words with a loved one or friend?
- My guess is probably no.
- Remember our brain and ego are trying to help us.
- What could you say to your loved one or best friend instead?
- Now that your head & heart are clearer- Review your intentions and goals
- What was important? Is it still important?
- What have you accomplished and done since you set them?
- These are your wins and celebrate that!
- What one goal or intention is still most important to you?
- Write down in detail why? What will you be or feel like when you do this?
- How could you hold yourself accountable?
- My clients use a calendar, friend or loved one, slack bots, or find a professional coach, therapist or spiritual leader.
- Set resilient bounce back goals – click here to read about how to do that.
I wish for you a guilt and shame free check in and get back on track to meeting your goals and what’s most important to you.
If you or someone you know needs help or support in setting goals or reaching their goals, contact me. That’s my passion and service to the world.
I can help support you set, plan and find success in your goals and intentions I get so much joy out of seeing my clients plan, set goals, achieve them and then move forward to boldly living – whatever that means for them!
My 30% off coaching discount ends on Jan 31st I still have a few spaces left.
Click here to learn more and book yours now!
Peace, love and blessings,
Teresa – intention for healthy vitality in 2020
Teresa Q. Bitner, M.Ed., PMP, ACC - Resiliency, Change and Loss Coach
Partnering with those who have been knocked down my life and want to build resiliency and move forward and live a bold life.
Author of Soul Love: How A Dog Taught Me to Breathe Again